Click here for info on Horse Riding / Farm Day Camps
Elegant Country-Style Furnished Vacation Rentals
Our spring fed pond's private use by guests is a hit! Loaner rods or bring your own. Catch and release - no license
- Watts Bar Lake – 20 mile long lake offering fishing, boat rentals, parks, & swimming (temporary fishing license can be purchased at Grandview's Caroles Country Store)
- Marinas & Restaurants
- Horseback Trail Riding at Pioneer Farms in Spring City or Wildwood Stables in Crossville.
- Cumberland State Hiking Trail (trailheads nearby in Grassy Cove, Spring City and Dayton for this trail that will eventually connect the whole TN Plateau)
White’s Creek just down the road offers world class kayaking in rainy season.
- Piney Falls State Natural Area in Grandview offers hiking to a secluded spectacular seasonal water fall (Click here for a great article and pics on the waterfall!)
- Grandview Flat Rock Trading Post & its Tennessee flat rock display
Spring City Train Depot and History of Spring City Museum
- Grassy Cove: Nationally Preserved Natural Geographic Landmark immortalized by author Louis L’Amour.
- Kemmer family’s two old timey general stores and seasonal farm fresh produce stand - Grassy Cove
- Spring City Theater offers local plays and concerts
- Piney River Trail offers hiking & river swimming
- Spring City Antique Auction (monthly)
- MidTown Drive-In Theater (summer) & its Blue Moon 1950s Cafe (year round)
- Stinging Fork State Pocket Wilderness - Hiking, seasonal waterfall
- Laurel Snow State Pocket Wilderness - Hiking, seasonal waterfall
A little bit farther…
Muddy Pond: Mennonite/Amish farms and shops + seasonal sorghum mill demonstrations
- Crossville: Weekend Flea Market & Vanity Fair Outlet Mall
- Jack Nicklaus Bear Trace Golf - Crossville
- Nationally acclaimed Cumberland Playhouse (theatrical productions)
- Palace Historic Movie Theatre (concerts and movies)
- Golf Capital of Tennessee: Crossville
- Page Antique & General Auctions (Saturdays and 2nd & 4th Tuesdays)
- Antiquing: Spring City, Clinton, Bell Buckle, Rockwood, Kingston, Sweetwater, Crossville, Cookeville, Athens, Pikeville and more!
Homestead Museum / Rock house depression era project
- Fall Creek Falls State Park: Spectacular Beauty - hiking, swimming, riding.
- Vineyards & Wine Tastings
- African Cemetery
- Chattanooga (day trip): Fresh Water Aquarium, Museums, I-Max Theatre, and River Boat trips
- Turkey Creek Designer Outlet Shopping (day trip)
- Dollywood Theme Park (1.5 hours)
- Historic Rugby (1.5-2 hours) - great country roads
- Gatlinburg (2+ hours)
- Nashville (2+ hours), home to country music
- Sweetwater Valley Cheese Farm
makes over 20 delicious types of cheese and is a beautiful farm well worth visiting (Sweetwater/Philadelphia TN). Farm tours/free samples/gift shop) www.sweetwatervalley.com/farm.shtml
- Hwy 127 Corridor Sale: 400 mile long/ 4 state flea market (August)
- Pioneer Day Celebration in Homestead
- Wooden’s Apple Farm
- Tidwell’s Strawberry Farm
- Cumberland & Rhea County Fairs (Aug)
- Farmers Markets - Crossville, Dayton (Seasonal)
- Regional Craft & BLue Grass Shows
- Horse Shows - UT EXtension Rhoane State
- Strawberry Festival of Dayton TN (May)
- Scopes Trial of Dayton TN
- Crossville Fairgrounds Antique Show (February)
Come see for yourself.
Our area is rich in local color, history and beauty.